If you find yourself sharing your home with cockroaches, let us help you get rid of the buggers with our cockroach control services!
When it comes to household pests, there aren’t many that induce a case of the heebie-jeebies quite like the good, old fashioned cockroach! Whether it’s their shiny shells or the fact that they skitter across the floor when you least expect it, no one likes to come home and find a cockroach has decided to be their new roomie. Here at NC Pest Control, we are here to kick that freeloading roommate to the curb with our cockroach control services.
In Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, we have a temperate climate and pests are rather comfortable here. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to get used to living with them! When you call us for cockroach control services, you can feel comfortable knowing that not only will we help rid your home or office of cockroaches, but we can help with tips and services that will prevent infestations in the future.
Our Cockroach Control Service Handles the Various Species of Cockroaches
There are many different species of cockroaches in the world, and here at NC Pest Control, our cockroach control services can be tailored to deal with any of them you might have at your Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina home. Each different type of cockroach often requires a different treatment so please look carefully at these images compared with what you are seeing in your home and include this in your inquiry. Here are the most common species we can identify and deal with:
- German– This species of cockroach has a light brown to tan color with two darker stripes along the back. These creatures particularly enjoy spaces that are nice and warm with a bit of humidity, which means they are most commonly found in kitchens and bathrooms. Many people suffer from allergic reactions and can become ill from German cockroaches.
- American– American cockroaches have a unique reddish-brown color. On the back of their head, you’ll notice a yellowish figure 8 shape. This species is most fond of basements and sewers. As the largest cockroach to enter residences, it is one that creates the most displeasure. While they can survive at lower temperatures, they are the most active if your home is warmer than 70 degrees.
- Smoky Brown– This species is a tad smaller than the American cockroach species and is a dark mahogany color. Their wings are larger than the body segment, which makes both males and females proficient fliers. They are drawn to light as nocturnal creatures. They are often found in attics, crawlspaces, and gutters, and will enter the house through vents or plumbing.
- Brown-banded– Living up to its name, this species of cockroach is brown with pronounced banding on its wings. They are unlike other species in that they prefer drier locations, such as under furniture where they hide their egg cases and in higher cabinets where moisture is less likely. You can easily tell the male of this species because their wings are larger than the female’s.
- Oriental– Oriental cockroaches are one of the most difficult for cockroach control professionals to deal with. They are also considered the dirtiest ones, as they are found in sewers and can gain entrance to your home through the drains. They are also called “water bugs” because of this. They are very dark in color and have a shiny appearance. They are most commonly found in crawlspaces and basements, as well as in outdoor firewood and leaf piles.
Cockroaches are not just a little bit creepy — they can actually impact your health as well. They can carry diseases like Salmonella and E. coli, which are both transmittable to humans. They can also aggravate issues like asthma or breathing issues. Unfortunately, cockroaches are able to multiply at an alarming rate, which can only magnify their danger to humans. If you find yourself with one cockroach or several, it’s important to take action! Give us a call here at NC Pest Control and let us help you with cockroach control services today.